In recent years, a lot has been said about Raid Shadow Legends. But, regardless of how much you have invested or if you refuse to play the game, it is clear that Raid is very popular. Although currency can sometimes be a hindrance in games or make it more difficult to progress, you can still play Raid for very little if you are smart and willing to invest the time. We decided to create a Raid: Shadow Legends Guide.
Raid has many reasons. It’s a turn-based battler with complex turns, realistic graphics, and a fantasy setting. We hope you enjoy our Guide to Raid: Shadow LegendsThese tips and tricks will help you manage your in-game resources smartly and create a party full of powerful heroes.
It doesn’t make sense to spend thousands on a game to enjoy it. In fact, we don’t think any game that requires you to do so is worth your time. Here’s how to get started with Raid: Shadow Legends and what you can do to save money.
What are Affinities?
Raid: Shadow Legends is complex, with many layers. However, Affinities provide the foundation for Raid: Shadow Legends. They affect how effective certain types of units are against them. Here is a list of Affinities and their interactions:
- Magic (Blue).Beats Spirit (Green), weaker to Force (Red).
- Spirit (Green)Beats Force (Red), weaker to Magic (Blue).
- Force (Red).Beats Magic (Blue), weaker to Spirit (Green).
- Void (Purple).No weakness, no counter
- It will make your life easier in the long-term if you match up your Champions against the Affinity that they are strongest against.
What does it take to make champions work?
Everyone who has ever heard of Raid: Shadow Legends is aware how important Champions are. You gather the best characters and face off against fearsome enemies. There are two Champions to start with, but you can add more Champions by using Shards at The Portal. This will increase your chances of reaching different quality levels.
- Mystery ShardCommon, Rare, Uncommon
- The Ancient ShardRare, Epic, Legendary
- Void ShardRare, Epic, Legendary
- The Sacred ShardEpic and Legendary
It is worth not investing too much in the Common Champions that you will get at the beginning of the game. Instead, it is a better idea to invest Void, Epic or Legendary Champions as they are harder to find and harder to replace.
Fusion can be used to combine four Champions into one that is rarer. It’s a good idea not to lose Epic or Legendary Champions. So don’t fusion any cards that you have only one copy of.
What is an artifact?
Raid: Shadow Legends artifacts grant buffs to your champions. These items can be obtained on the official site through campaigns and quests, or upgraded and sold for silver.
- Champions can equip six artifacts
- The Champion gets a buff if he or she has more than one Artifact in a set.
- Wearing two basic sets grants an effect. For example, Life grants a 15% HP buff.
- Advanced sets need four pieces but have a stronger effect.
- You can upgrade Artifacts to get bonus effects
- As with Champions, it is important to be sensible with your Silver. Don’t upgrade every item when it may soon be replaced by a better one.
Masteries: How to Use
You can specialize your chosen Champion using the scroll resource. This is done through a series called Masteries. This is only possible with Epic and Legendary Champions. It would be a waste to spend this money in a Common. Here are the Masteries in Raid: Shadow Legends
- Masteries enable you to unlock upgrades in three sections: Defence, Offence, and Support
- These buffs can only be unlocked by purchasing Scrolls or from raiding Minotaur’s Labyrinth to earn them.
- Masteries can be a great way to make your Champions more focused and help them get the role they want.
What do SILVER, GEMS and ENERGY serve for?
Raid: Shadow Legends is basically impossible without some currency. Here’s how they work:
- Silver can be used to upgrade Artifacts and summon new Champions
- Gems can be used to unlock the mine and upgrade it – this gives you more gems to buy Ancient Shards. They can also be used to purchase a variety other currencies in the shop.
- You can buy gems for cash-money at the shop
- You will also need energy to complete any quest or mission. You can only regenerate energy up to the limit of your cap. If you don’t, you won’t be able to benefit from the regen. You can also buy energy refills in the shop to get gems.
Daily quests and challenges can earn a lot of these currencies, so make sure you complete those tasks. You can also buy Clan Boss keys, XP boosters and potions from the shop. But that’s just the beginning.
What are the game modes?
Raid: Shadow Legends has tons of game modes that you can play to earn valuable currencies and upgrade your Champions. Here’s the scoop:
- Campaign:The main story is about the central character, who fights through many difficult stages to free Teleria from the shadow.
- DungeonsYou will face two waves before you meet the final boss in each Dungeon.
- Faction WarsThis mode allows you to select a particular Crypt and it consists of multiple battle stage.
- Clan BossTo do this, you will need to join a Clan and buy a Clan Boss Key. This allows you to face off with a fearsome enemy for decent rewards.
- ArenaThis is where you will fight other players and earn rewards for winning.Best mobile multiplayer list
- Campaign is where you should start. Until you have a decent selection of Champions with upgrades, it’s best to avoid the other places.
Guide to combat
Raid: Shadow Legends combat is easy at first but can become more difficult as you advance. Here are some tips for fighting in Raid: Shadow Legends.
- Effectively use buffs and debuffsCertain abilities and attacks can boost your units or debuff the enemy. It’s the best way to win tough battles. This is how you defeat a powerful enemy and make your opponent weaker.
- You can unlock masteries as soon as you can:Some Masteries can be unlocked, giving you an advantage against certain opponents. They are well worth it when dealing with certain enemies.
- Do not forget to include these items in your shopping list:Certain sets can give you the boosts you need to make a difference in your life.
- Keep cool down in mindYou should factor in cooldowns for abilities and attacks so that you can hit them when they are effective.
- SynergyGood combat is about synergy and the ability to combine abilities into powerful combinations. It’s worth keeping this in mind as you use your party’s abilities
- These elements are not the only ones. Combat in Raid is highly stat-oriented, so advantage you can gain to overcome it.
There are many ways to start Raid: Shadow Legends.
- Avoid short-term investmentsYou should ensure that precious currency you use to upgrade equipment or Masteries is on a Champion you will actually use.
- Do not neglect your daily tasksCompleting the daily dailies can help you make a lot of money. Any time you don’t, it is wasted potential growth.
- Find the gem mineIf you intend to play the game for a long time, unlocking the gem mine should be your priority. Gems accumulate and can be used as currency.
- Get rewardsDouble XP rewards are more powerful when they are taken later in life. So wait until you really need them.
- Don’t let this opportunity pass you byDon’t waste, don’t want. Raid is, in general, a game about currency. To be able to use it effectively and efficiently – and also for free – you must keep your resources. This includes not losing Champions, losing Clan Boss keys, upgrading Champions that won’t make it to the end, and not wasting Clan Boss Keys on fights you don’t win.